BOI Writers Group is go! Three founding members have their first assignment, a piece of up to 300 words with the prompt ‘Combination’, to bring along, read, share and critique on the second Monday of the month at 7–9pm. Our aim is mutual improvement and inspiration through constructive criticism. We are writing short pieces, extracts and flash fiction, both to improve our style and for publication and competition. If you’d like to join us, email Vivian at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Poets at ONEONESIX will be held at 116 Bank Street, Whangarei on Thursday, 16 March at 5pm
-A new poetry group is starting at the Whangarei Library on Tuesday, 21 March at 3.30pm. All welcome.
– Dirty Word poetry at The Old Butter Factory, Whangarei, this coming Wednesday March 8
– Trish Nicholson will be providing the third in the series of writing workshops for the local family history group in Kaitaia on March 4th, where she will give open feedback on scripts submitted beforehand and discuss the wide range of approaches to writing family histories. If you are interested, please contact Trish: email@example.com
-poet Piet Nieuwland is participating in LIMIT:less, an exhibition by Inmates of Ngawha Prison, students and tutors of Northtec, and independent artists, opening at the Geoff Wilson Gallery on Thursday 6 April 2017 from 5 to 6pm.
– Beth Ashworth of the Procter Library in Kerikeri has received an internal Far North District Council “reward and recognition” commendation for her work supporting the NZSA New Zealand Book Week display at the library.
– Far North District Libraries have added a subject heading link to their catalogue for Far North authors