Creative writing news round-up for winter 2020 – Northland NZ
Fiction writing * Poetry * Prose * Journalism * Theatre * Blogging
Call for short story submissions
- The Landing Press wants your submissions of poems about cleaners and cleaning. CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:“If you are working as a cleaner, or have ever worked as a cleaner, write a poem which catches that experience in some way. Send it to us. These poems are our first choice. If you haven’t worked as a cleaner, but have a poem about cleaning or cleaners, send it to us. These poems will also be considered. We want poems by/about cleaners in offices, hospitals, churches, rest homes, marae, on boats, in factories, on the streets, at beaches and rivers. Cleaners are everywhere, and we are interested in everywhere. Please send us up to 3 poems. Maximum length 40 lines. On the same page as the poem include your name, email address and a very brief note about your experience as a cleaner. Or there might be another small story behind your poem you want to briefly include. Send your poems to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 27 July. And please forward this information to anyone who might be interested. This anthology will be published in late 2020 or early 2021. We had hoped to pay all writers, but the Covid 19 situation has affected fundraising for this book. If we can pay, we will, but we can’t promise. All included writers will get a complimentary copy of the anthology.”Landing Press is a small Wellington publisher. https://landingpress.wordpress.com/
- Kerikeri author Graham Bathgate is collecting unpublished wine stories for a book due to be published later this year. Contributions of up to 2500 words can be sent to email@example.com until August 30.
- NATIONAL POETRY DAY is being celebrated in Whangarei August Thursday August 20 to Saturday August 22, with readings at OneOneSix on day one, followed by Kari Ahua on day two and Whangarei Central Library on day three. Details and updates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/972102926207344/
- Hell of a Thing author Michael Botur is performing video readings with The Sager Group on Instagram and other platforms https://nzshortstories.com/item/hell-of-a-thing-short-stories-by-michael-botur/
- Poetry has returned to Kerikeri